Barcelona vs. Real Madrid

Posted by Armando | 2:50 PM | | 1 comments »

My summer is almost over, soon the new school year will start and with it a new season of soccer. The transfer summer has been very active and emotional but nothing beats the actual game, the goals, the fans chanting and yelling to support their favorite team, etc. Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of enjoying a fabulous game, Barcelona vs. Galaxy: A true appetizer before the start of La liga.
La liga is my favorite European league but like many people I'm quite disappointed that the economic crisis and poor management will see many teams struggle to keep up with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Over the entire summer Real have bought many of the best players from each league; Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso, Albiol, Kaka etc. Meanwhile the other teams have added some players but none that could compare to the names previously mentioned.
Barcelona is still the team to beat and in my opinion will retain the domestic title with Real coming in second. As a Barça fan this thought is quite satifying but nothing would be more glorious and historic that winning the Champions against Real at the Bernabeu: That would truly be mesmerizing and euphoric. For the sake of La liga I hope the other teams can reinforce their squads and maintain good form throughout the season and advance to at least the semi-finals in the Champions, where they will most likely encounter British teams. I personally enjoy the EPL but prefer Spanish teams to win simply because I'm a big fan of the tiki-taka and Andres Iniesta. I can hardly wait for the new season but I suppose I should also be getting ready for school. Well that can wait a little. Visca Barça!!!!

1 comments

  1. ifotbol // August 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

    Barcelona has the cohesion and the teamwork needed to beat Real Madrid any time regardless of all the Galacticos they may have.