I'm thankful for not having....

Posted by Armando | 7:09 PM | , | 3 comments »



Hello everybody I'm new to this so I thought I would share something related to the upcoming Thanksgiving's Day.!!!

Everyone likes to give thanks to the things that we have on this day. Unfortunately, we don't do that that every day; it would be great if we thanked life for all the great things that we have everyday and not just once a year, what a great world that would make. Anyways, I decided to twist things a little bit and write about things I'm thankful for not having. So here are ten things I'm glad I don't have,who are arranged in no particular order of importance.
I'm thankful for not having...
1. a brother who is a jack-ass; My brother is awesome, handsome, and of course smart.

2. a cat. I love my dog very much, and I don't like cats since the day one of them kicked my puppy's ass. Sad I know, but hey, he was still only a couple months old.

3. a very expensive car. My 1995 Toyota corolla is still going at about 250,000 miles and I've never had any major troubles with it.

4. a business degree. I love teasing my dad and friends for their business degree. Those in the sciences and engineering know that we like to think of ourselves as better than business majors even do we make less money (maybe we are not so smart after all ha). Talk about irony.

5. a crazy and close-minded mom. My mom is superb, an inspiration for me, too bad we can only have one. I'd sure love to have more than one.

6. fake friends. I have few friends but I know I can count on all of them when I need them.

7. too many nephews. I prefer my nieces, they are so sweet and loving. It almost makes me want to have daughters one day (I'm still hoping for only sons though).

8. too many classes. Man more than 18 quarter units sure it's not fun.

9. a wife. Being single is great, I don't understand how people can live fighting 24 hours a day. Well maybe it's not so bad, plenty of people who are married are extremely happy right?

10. a devastating disease. This I'm especially thankful for not having. I may have a small disability but it's nothing compared to what some people go through. So I especially send a hug and a word of support and encouragement to those who currently have any kind of disease or disability regardless of its seriousness.

So what are you thankful for not having?

3 comments

  1. Geovanni // November 16, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

    I'm thankful for not having a damage kidney or a damage liver because of the alcohol, the truth is that i used to drink a lot because i was depressed but now I'm better and i have stop drinking and the good thing is that not one of my organs suffer damage.

  2. Unknown // November 18, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

    I'm thankful for not having a credit card. I love shopping and if I had a credit card....... Man I would go bankrupt. I wouldn't be able to make all the payments which would mean I wouldn't be able to get credit for a house in the future.
    :)

  3. Anonymous // December 9, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

    I'm thankful for not having an asshole as a brother although he gets angry very easily he is the samartest, undestanding person I know and he is my best friend, I don't say it because he is my brother, I say because is the truth and the people who know him might agree with me. Dude ur the best.