Time to Reflect

Posted by Armando | 2:09 PM | | 1 comments »

As the year nears the end I feel it’s time to reflect upon what this year taught me and the good or not so good things that it brought me. Personally this was a year full of lessons for me, partly because I had to move in more than one occasion for reasons beyond my control, and also because I had a lot of free time and in my boredom I devoted long hours to reading and self-reflection. With respect to moving, I was not saddened by these events as I have learned that stability and security do not come from sitting still. Remaining stationary does not teach us anything about ourselves or our surroundings as our point of reference and hence view never changes. To truly understand the world and ourselves for that matter we need to constantly expand our horizons, to walk in the shoes of others, and to see the world through different eyes.
Throughout my short lifespan I have understood this very well. Some say that we are the senses of the universe and that the universe understands itself through us and other living creatures. If this is true then it makes sense that we can learn more about us by putting ourselves in the shoes of others and looking at things from different perspectives. After all, the universe is a system with constant feedback from us and we in turn receive feedback from it, the more that we change our reference point, the more feedback we get.
The year was also very fruitful and rewarding in other aspects of my life. I had the opportunity to spend time with my nieces and that in itself was the best thing I could have asked for this year. They are a great inspiration and a source of strength; they can turn any suffering into a big smile faster than light can reach my eyes and they also possess a great ability to empty my wallet too hehe. Besides my nieces, I can say it was a great year because my mother and my grandma were with me all the time, not to mention all my good friends and the not so good friends hahaha. I didn’t see my bro this year so that is something that was missing but hopefully next year he’ll be here for a long time.
This year also taught me that I love going to school. Why? You may ask, and the answer is that I love learning but I’m too lazy to do it on my own so school is a good way to force me to do so hehe.
This year was also very hard on many people; some lost their homes and many others their jobs due to a fragile economy and the greed of many others. However, I am confident that we all learned that greed delivers short term richness but prudence, common sense, and sharing with others deliver long term happiness.
I wish all of you a great Christmas and a happy New year and may we start the next year with a big smile.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

    Well this year was kind of weird for me,I lost 2 of the nost important things in my life, my dog & my lap top which doesnt work, I also got out of my band for some problems I had, I also did'nt see my bro, mom, grandma & nieces, but I had many good things too, I finished my carrer, I met some wonderful people at my job like the Nacas or Adris' group, my coworkers and also my last class during the evening, I'll miss those guys so much. And the bonds with my best friends has grown stronger, another good thing is that I get along better with my dad, I mean its not that we didnt have a good relation but is a little better now, jajaja.