A toast to the New Year!!!!

Posted by Armando | 1:48 PM | | 2 comments »

Well its' finally 2009. 2008 is now a mere recollection of memories, both good and bad. It is the beginning of a new year and with that we all have our hopes and dreams about what it may bring us. There are many serious things that we are keeping a close eye on such as the economy, a new president, the weather, etc. We also have some less global and more personal ones such as keeping our jobs, or finding a new one, being with the family, enjoy good health, etc. Whatever it is I hope that you and your close ones have a great year and fulfill all your dreams and resolutions. Here are some things that I hope come to pass and some of my new year's resolutions and expectations.

1. I hope this year people will be responsible, positive thinkers, and will try to make their house a little better, and that in turn will make a better neighborhood, and so on until this world is a little better.

2. I hope that people realize that a president cannot solve everything and that we all have to make this a better country. With that said I hope the new president will be a decent one and will do whatever it's truly best for the country.

3. I hope this year will see at least 5 to 10% less violence than the previous one. Asking for absoute peace would be fantasizing.

4. I hope this year I can do more exercise and eat less junk food.

5. I hope I keep getting good grades in school or at least not get bad ones.

6. I hope i can see all my family members and friends and enjoy their company.

7. I hope this year all my friends and relatives and anyone who needs a job gets one (including me).

8. I hope i don't get sick and if I do hopefully it won't be serious.

9. I hope no major disasters will occur in the world and if they do mininal casualties should occur.

10. I hope this year will be awesome!!!!

And you, what do you hope or expect from this year?

2 comments

  1. Michael Tong // January 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

    Pretty good 10.
    Here are mine goals/expectations (in no particular order):

    1. Help bring success to Brother's Dry Cleaning.

    2. Get straight A's next semester.

    3. Get an engineering job/intern at a professional company.

    4. Finishing my model RC airplanes (by Jan. 26).

    5. Obtain a rocket launching license (level 1 certification by next year).

    6. Become a master at MS Flight Simulator X.

    7. Defeat one computer (brutal mode) on C&C 3

    8. Beat Gauntlet Legends (again), but this time with Joe.

    9. Upgrade the subie WRX (at least sway bars).

    10. Keep up my own blogspot.

  2. Anonymous // January 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

    Here are my 10 expectations for this tear.
    1)Obtain my title as an Engineer by May at the most.
    2)Get in another Rock Band
    3)Buy a car
    4)Get a job as an Engineer or in politics
    5)Work harder in politics so that my dad win the internal electios in the Party to run for President
    6)See my family that is in Fontana
    7)Make more friends
    8)Make a trip with my best friends to a beach
    9)Read more
    10)Meet more girls